9.1 Prefer the shorter, more widely known word
Replace words that appear only in writing.
For example, people say before, but they often write prior to. They say, as we discussed; they write per our discussion. Prefer spoken forms whenever they are accurate and formal enough, as both as we discussed and before certainly are.
For more on choosing the most widely known words, click here.
1. He utilized Ace systems design methodologies during the process of defining a web-based user interface, which included graphics, input screen layouts and related logic, database access, and report development.
2. Construction is expected to commence in April 1999 with completion scheduled for May 2000.
3. The 8% annual percentage rate shown is inclusive of points and is a fixed rate.
4. The Flanders MSA possesses a diverse economy with a solid employment base and relatively strong population growth.
5. The Partnership has received a Carryover Allocation of 1999 Low Income Housing Tax Credits in the amount of $443,123 per annum from the Wyoming Housing Finance Agency.
6. A revised DSC analysis will be performed upon receipt of 2000 tax returns.